AUGUST 18, 2021 - 3:10 PM CT
Mask Policy Update
We appreciate your patience and understanding while we navigate government guidelines and health information that continues to change.
Over the past weekend, the Texas Supreme Court temporarily blocked the mask mandate enacted by Dallas County last week.
While we wait for a final decision, we have returned to our previous policy:
- Masks will remain optional for individuals that are fully vaccinated*, though they are still recommended indoors to maximize protection against the Delta variant, per CDC current guidelines.
- Unvaccinated individuals, individuals at high risk, and/or individuals who are not yet fully vaccinated should continue to wear a mask.
We continue to prioritize the health and safety of our students and Team Members, and are focused on offering you quality dance instruction and keeping you connected to your dance family. To keep you informed, future updates and changes will be posted on our website
AUGUST 11, 2021 - 7:19 PM CT
Mask Policy Update
Effective 8-12-21, in compliance with the Dallas County order, masks will be required for all individuals while on studio premises.
MAY 17, 2021 - 6:52 PM CT
Mask Policy Update
Due to updated CDC guidelines, masks are no longer required for students who are fully vaccinated.
Not sure if you're fully vaccinated? You are considered 'fully vaccinated' 2 weeks after completing your full vaccine regimen (2 shots for Pfizer/Moderna; 1 shot for Johnson & Johnson).
Anyone who has not yet been fully vaccinated (or has additional risk factors) will need to continue wearing a mask while in-studio.
SEPTEMBER 15, 2020 - 4:30 PM CDT
Partner Rotation Returns
With an abundance of caution, we are gradually easing towards normal as case numbers in Dallas County trend down. We are excited to re-introduce partner rotation for group classes - starting tonight! Masks are still required throughout the duration of class.
- Reserve your spot for In-Studio classes up to 2 hours prior to the start time through the app or website (give us a call if it's less than 2 hours before class)
- Accept the Waiver & Health Declaration
- Use Membership or Flex Package credits to attend
- Bring your mask & arrive early for our heath protocol checks
- If you prefer to opt out of partner rotation, give the instructor a heads-up before class begins
JUNE 30, 2020 - 1:57 PM CDT
Studio 22 Updates Health & Safety Protocols
In light of continued record-breaking increases in COVID-19 hospitalizations, a 12% positive infection rate, and Governor Abbott's Executive Order from June 26 rolling back reopening plans, Studio 22 will implement a requirement for face masks at all times during classes and in common common areas beginning July 1, 2020 until numbers show a consistent decline. Classes and private lessons will continue to be available via livestream for students who prefer to learn from home.
When you are ready to dance again, know that our top priority is the health and safety of our dance community and Team Members. You can view our full Health & Safety Plan online, and it is posted in the lobby for your convenience, and in compliance with Dallas County Supplemental Order dated 6-19-20. We continue to develop measures to build your trust and confidence.
MAY 18, 2020 - 12:00 PM CDT
Studio 22 to begin offering limited attendance in-studio group classes
As part of the phased re-opening, Studio 22 will begin offering in-studio group classes on a limited attendance basis beginning June 1. We ask that all students (attending group classes, private lessons, and/or wedding lessons) review the Health & Safety Plan online before arriving at Studio 22. These protocols include information about in-studio class registration, check-in processes, and new safety features installed at the studio, including PECO and HEPA filtration, sanitization, temperature checks, designated dance areas to promote social distancing, new touchless restroom features, and more.
Masks covering nose and mouth continue to be required in all common areas (lobby, walkways, and restrooms), and are encouraged once the student has reached his/her designated dance area.
We continue to review and update our health and safety protocols to proactively address opportunities to keep our dance community safe, and appreciate your assistance in keeping each other safe.
MAY 3, 2020 - 9:37 AM CDT
Studio 22 begins phased reopening
We have good news! Studio 22 is beginning a phased reopening, in compliance with state and local guidelines. Beginning May 3rd, we are transitioning back to in-studio streaming, and anticipate in-studio class attendance, wedding lessons, and student practice will be available on a limited, reservation basis beginning June 1st. Group classes will continue to be available via livestream for students who prefer to learn from home.
When you are ready to dance again, know that our top priority is the health and safety of our Team Members and students, so we have updated and continue to practice all the state-recommended safety measures (and then some), as well as limiting the number of people in our facility. More details will be released in the coming days with regards to new procedures for check-in and in-studio attendance as we continue to develop measures to build your trust and confidence.
We truly appreciate your patience and understanding. Thank you so much for your continued support.
APRIL 21, 2020 - 2:55 PM CDT
Studio 22 adjusts policies to reflect new stay-at-home extension by Dallas County
We continue to adapt to this new landscape, adjust our policies to take care of our students, and keep our operations running. Per the extended stay-at-home order issued by Dallas County earlier today, Studio 22 instructors & staff will continue to shelter at home, and the studio will remain temporarily closed through May 15th.
We know many of our students have questions regarding unused group classes and wedding lessons. We previously extended these payment options to give you more time to use them, and will be making some additional changes to address the extended stay-at-home order:
- All pay-as-you-go group classes (ex: Flex Packages, New Student Trials, Youth Packs, etc.) that would have expired in March, April, or May 2020 have been extended to June 30th. (These adjustments will happen automatically, and will be reflected on your account in the coming weeks. Should you need immediate assistance, please contact us at 972.490.0022.)
- All Wedding Lessons (single lessons or packages) that would have expired in March, April, or May 2020 have been extended to July 31st.
- All membership rollover classes that would have expired in March, April, or May 2020 have been extended to July 31st.
- Studio 22 has extended the offer of a complimentary freeze for the month of May 2020 for our members' convenience. The deadline to request a membership change taking effect May 1st has been extended to April 25th. (The form can also be accessed through our "Contact" page.)
Studio 22's Livestream classes will continue to be offered for students to receive dance instruction and stay connected with their dance community while practicing social distancing, and are pleased to announce that new On-Demand Classes will be available soon. Many instructors also have virtual private lessons available (please contact your instructor directly to discuss this option).
It's our hope that these adjustments will bring you more comfort and confidence that we are here and ready to teach you when you are ready to dance.
We appreciate your continued support - especially our members who are able to maintain active memberships - and our dance community as we keep connected and motivated while we stay at home.
APRIL 3, 2020 - 6:15 PM CDT
Studio 22 suspends all in-studio operations through April 3
Per the extension of the Dallas County stay-at-home mandate, Studio 22 instructors & staff will now be sheltering at home through April 30th. We continue to offer online group classes to our students during this time.
MARCH 22, 2020 - 6:15 PM CDT
Studio 22 suspends all in-studio operations through April 3
As mandated by Dallas County, Studio 22 instructors & staff will now be sheltering at home through April 3rd, and we anticipate remaining temporarily closed through April 29th.
Studio 22's new Livestream classes will continue to be offered for students to receive dance instruction and stay connected with their dance community while practicing social distancing. (Because of the new restrictions, the classes will be a mix of livestream & pre-recorded classes, with instructors available during their scheduled class times to answer questions.)
We've also rolled out new features for Livestream classes, including:
- We are rolling out more individual-focused instruction to accommodate those students who do not have a partner at home.
- Access to livestream classes for 24 hours from the time the link is sent
- Watch as many times as you want within the 24-hour period
- Catch up on a missed class, or re-watch a class for review
- Special Livestream class packs available (or use your regular group classes), priced per person
- Livestream Packs, Basic/Silver Membership, Flex Packages, Drop-In Classes, New Student Trial Offers, Date Night Workshops, Wedding Workshops: 1 credit/each additional 24-hour access period.
- Gold/Platinum Members: 1-time access for any video is included; 2nd+ 24-hour access is only $10/class.
If you wish to adjust your membership status, we have extended the deadline to March 29th for your convenience. If you are able to maintain an active membership status to take advantage of our Livestream classes or accrue extra credits for future use, we would great appreciate any support during this difficult time. Continued support would help us to continue paying instructors and staff while we are required to shelter in place.
MARCH 18, 2020 - 8:30 PM CDT
Studio 22 temporarily closed through April 29
As mandated by the City of Dallas & Dallas County, Studio 22 will remain temporarily closed through April 29th.
We have further extended the expiration dates for all pay-as-you-go group classes, membership rollover classes, and wedding lessons that would have expired in March or April 2020 to May 30th so you will have more time to use them in the future. Pay-as-you-go group class options & wedding lessons expiring in May 2020 have been extended to June 30th.
Studio 22's new Livestream classes offer a new way for students to receive dance instruction and stay connected with their dance community while practicing social distancing.
Livestream Class Packages are now available for online purchase.
As Studio 22 navigates these new restrictions, your support is greatly appreciated. How you can help:
- Keep your autopay Membership turned on while we are closed if you are able to. Your instructors are independent contractors who are paid by class attendance. Autopay revenue helps us pay instructors & staff while we are temporarily closed.
- Come hang out with us online! We created Livestream classes (including interactive live chat) for you while we navigate this situation. Please be patient & kind as this is all new to us!
- Buy a Studio 22 gift card or class package to use when we re-open, or a Livestream class package for use while you're at home. Class package expirations have been extended through May 30th.
- Purchase a private lesson package from your instructor for use when we re-open.
- Send your Studio 22 dance family a note of encouragement. This is a foreign feeling without our daily chance to connect.
MARCH 17, 2020 - 1:32 PM CDT
Livestream classes launch tonight.
To keep our commitment to you, Studio 22 is offering livestream classes beginning tonight to continue your dance instruction and keep you connected with your dance family during this time.
Our livestream group class schedule is posted. Tonight's classes will kick off with:
5:30 - 7:00 PM | Samba / Jive
7:00 - 8:30 PM | Salsa 2*
7:00 - 8:30 PM | Argentine Tango 1
8:30 - 10:00 PM | Salsa 1
8:30 - 10:00 PM | Argentine Tango 2*
Sign in to get started.
MARCH 16, 2020 - 7:10 PM CDT
We are temporarily suspending in-studio classes and lessons. Live-streaming classes will launch this week.
What makes Studio 22 special is not our studio, it's our people. During this critical time, keeping our students, instructors, and staff safe is our absolute top priority.
Today Dallas County officials mandated all health clubs, theaters and entertainment facilities close effective today through March 20th. Studio 22 will be transitioning to live-streaming classes starting this week. We are committed to offering you continued dance instruction and to stay connected with your dance family during this time. We will keep you informed when when these online classes will be launched, and you can refer to our website (launching later tonight) for updates.
With things changing by the minute, we are extending the expiration dates for all pay-as-you-go group classes, rollover membership classes, and wedding lessons to April 30th so you will have more time to use them in the future.
We want to give special thanks to our studio staff and instructors for their care and commitment to our students.
MARCH 13, 2020 - 6:46 PM CDT
We are proactively cancelling social events this weekend.
As always, the health and wellness of our Studio 22 community is our top priority, As a precautionary measure, tonight's Latin Party and tomorrow's All Styles Party will rescheduled. We are keeping a close eye on the developments of Covid-19 and will continue to take preventative measures to ensure the health and well being of our Studio 22 dance community.
MARCH 12, 2020 - 8:18 PM CDT
We are implementing the following preventative measures, immediately and until further notice:
As always, the health and wellness of our Studio 22 community is our top priority. Due to the ongoing Coronavirus (COVID-19) developments, we’re committed to closely following updates and keeping everyone’s health a top priority. At this time of year with Flu season, we always up our cleaning measures, and have even done so more now.
What does Studio 22 do help keep our dancers healthy?
- Daily facility wide sanitation.
- We have increased the frequency of which we sanitize high traffic areas during peak hours. This includes, but is not limited to, counter tops, door handles, table tops, music machines, and other key touch points.
- Alcohol-based hand sanitizer is available at the front desk, in all the ballrooms near the music machines, and outside the entrance of the front and Main Ballrooms.
- Thorough hand washing by all instructors between classes.
- Monitoring and removing of all dancers and guests that display symptoms of illness.
- We will continue to follow updates and protocol suggested by the CDC, Department of Public Health, and other credible agencies to best ensure the safety of our students.
What can you do to keep yourself and those you interact with healthy?
- Stay home if you’re feeling sick, have been coughing or sneezing or had a fever within 72 hours.
- Stay home if you or anyone in your household has been exposed to COVID-19 or have recently traveled to countries identified by the CDC as having widespread sustained transmission of COVID-19. Get in the habit of frequent and thorough hand washing.
- Wash your hands with soap for 20 seconds—this is the best way to control transmission in normal, healthy adults. We ask that students commit to washing their hands:
- When arriving at the studio or before arriving to the studio
- After using the bathroom
- After blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or the nook of your elbow. Use hand sanitizer immediately after.
- Avoid touching your eyes, mouth, and nose.
We hope that these measures give you confidence that we are taking the necessary precautions to help keep our Studio 22 community healthy. Should the situation change, we will update you with more detailed plans. If you have any questions or concerns in the meantime, we’re always here for you - just reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.