Waiver of Liability
Waiver of Liability and Medical Authorization: I, the undersigned, hereby consent to the aforementioned Student participating in or watching dance, dance workshop, audition, rehearsal or performance and other related activities (collectively, “Activities”) with Studio 22. I recognize that and assume all liability for potentially severe injuries, including permanent paralysis or death can occur in any Activities including, but not limited to, those involving height, exercise, dance, or motion. I hereby release Studio 22, its owner(s), agents, volunteers, assistants, employees, guest artists, instructors and staff members from any and all liability claims, demands, or causes of action whatsoever from any and all damages suffered by the Student while under the instruction or supervision of Studio 22. I also agree to release and hold harmless Studio 22, including its owner(s), instructors and its staff as well as the facilities used by Studio 22, from any cause of action, claims, or demands of any nature whatsoever arising from or out of the activities. I also fully understand that the owner(s), instructors and staff at Studio 22 are not physicians or medical practitioners of any kind. With that in mind, I hereby authorize owner(s), instructors and staff at Studio 22 the render first aid to the Member in the event of any injury or illness, and if deemed necessary, to call an ambulance or for medical aid and payment for which I agree to be solely responsible. I further agree to provide health insurance for the Student and/or guarantee payment of any medical expenses incurred as a result of Activities at or with Studio 22. This Waiver of Liability and Medical Authorization has been read thoroughly and understood completely by me, and as such is acknowledged by my voluntary signature below.
Assumption of the Risk and Waiver of Liability Relating to Coronavirus/COVID-19: The novel coronavirus, COVID-19, has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization. COVID-19 is extremely contagious and is believed to spread mainly from person-to-person contact. As a result, federal, state, and local governments and federal and state health agencies recommend social distancing and have, in many locations, prohibited the congregation of groups of people. Studio 22 has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, Studio 22 cannot guarantee that you will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, attending Studio 22 could increase your risk of contracting COVID-19. By signing this agreement, I acknowledge the contagious nature of COVID-19 and voluntarily assume the risk that I may be exposed to or infected by COVID-19 by attending Studio 22 and that such exposure or infection may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, and death. I understand that the risk of becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 at Studio 22 may result from the actions, omissions, or negligence of myself and others, including, but not limited to, Studio 22 employees, contractors, and other students. I voluntarily agree to assume all of the foregoing risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury to myself (including, but not limited to, personal injury, disability, and death), illness, damage, loss, claim, liability, or expense, of any kind, that I may experience or incur in connection with my attendance at Studio 22 or participation in Studio 22 programming, activities, and/or services (“Claims”). On my behalf, I hereby release, covenant not to sue, discharge, and hold harmless Studio 22, its employees, agents, and representatives, of and from the Claims, including all liabilities, claims, actions, damages, costs or expenses of any kind arising out of or relating thereto. I understand and agree that this release includes any Claims based on the actions, omissions, or negligence of Studio 22, its employees, agents, and representatives, whether a COVID-19 infection occurs before, during, or after participation in any Studio 22 program, activity, and/or service.
Mandatory Health Declaration: In an effort to keep our Studio 22 community safe, we ask that you refrain from visiting our studio if you're unable to make this declaration and otherwise agree as follows.
I consent and acknowledge that:
1. In the past 14 days, I have not tested positive for COVID-19 or been in contact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19.
2. In the past 3 day, I have not experienced symptoms consistent with COVID-19 infection. These symptoms include but are not limited to:
- Feeling unwell
- Coughing, sneezing, nasal congestion, and/or sore throat
- Body aches or chills
- Muscle pain
- Shortness of breath, chest tightness, and/or difficulty breathing
- Abdominal pain
- Increased fatigue
- Loss sense of taste or smell
- Fever of 100.0°F or higher
3. My temperature may be taken upon my arrival and I agree that if my temperature reads higher than Studio 22's permitted threshold for studio access at check-in, I will leave the studio and agree not to return until I have been fever-free, and otherwise not had symptoms consistent with COVID-19 infection for 3 days.
4. I acknowledge that my information may be collected, used, and disclosed, as described in the Your Privacy and COVID-19 Notice, and by clicking/tapping the "Submit Your Request" below, I consent to Studio 22's collection, use, disclosure and storage of my information for the specific purposes described above and in the Your Privacy and COVID-19 Notice.
5. While in the studio, I agree to abide by social distancing rules and safety precautions. I understand that despite any precautions that I, others, or Studio 22 may take, I may still be exposed to COVID-19 or individuals who have COVID-19 and I voluntarily assume that risk.
Photograph and Video Release: I grant permission for Student to be photographed or videotaped during Activities at or with Studio 22 and grant Studio 22 permission to use such recordings for promotional purposes. Such recordings are the sole property of Studio 22.
Studio 22 Terms and Conditions / Miscellaneous: I acknowledge that I have read and agree to the attached Studio 22 Terms and Conditions, which are a part of this agreement and may be changed, upon reasonable prior notice, at anytime by Studio 22 without my consent. This Student Agreement and Liability Waiver shall be governed by and interpreted under the laws the State of Texas, excluding its choice of law rules. Any dispute arising under this Student Agreement and Liability Waiver shall be brought in the courts located in Dallas County, Texas.