Youth Dance Instruction
Group Classes: Youth group classes at Studio 22 offer a curriculum in Latin and Ballroom partner styles for children ages 5 - 17. Whether dancing competitively, or simply for fun, learning to dance in a healthy, creative environment expands imaginations, builds self-esteem, boosts self-confidence, promotes self-discipline, and establishes a sense of teamwork and cooperation. Our goal is that students devlop a lifelong love of dance that will be a skill for years to come!
Classes are taught in a non-progressive series, so students can join at any point during the month, though we do recommend starting the first Saturday of the month if possible. Styles will change on a monthly/bi-monthly basis, so please check the calendar for style information.
Youth students can choose from the following payment options:
- Youth 6-Class Card Pay-As-You-Go. 6 class sessions for $69 ($11.50/class), expires 3 months from date of purchase. Best for students taking 1 - 4 classes per month.
- Youth One-Time Trial $15. New Students Only. May be used for the first class taken at Studio 22. Expires 6 months from date of purchase.
Private Lessons: Youth private lessons are available in all styles of partner dance for students ages 5 - 17. Styles include International Latin, American Rhythm, International Standard, American Smooth, Club Latin (Salsa, Bachata, etc.), Swing, Argentine Tango, Country Western, etc.
Performance/Competition: Students interested in performance and/or competition opportunities should talk with their instructor for more information on requirements, options, and pricing. Instructors regularly take students to competitions, both local, national, and international, and Studio 22 also offers performance opportunities at Showcases.
Parents/Guardians: You must accompany your student to the first day of class. (Students younger than 14 should always be accompanied to class.) You will need to:
- Arrive at least 30 - 45 minutes in advance the first day of classes. (You can also complete the registration in-studio ahead of the class start date if you prefer.) After registration has been completed, we recommend arriving 10 minutes before class begins to check in.
- Complete New Student paperwork for each child enrolled - this must be done in-studio.
- Complete payment for classes: Youth 6-Class Card. [Students who are new to Studio 22 also have the option of doing a Youth One-Time Trial to try out the first class at our studio.]
Clothing and shoes:
- As with adults, we recommend youth wear modest street clothes or athletic attire that they're comfortable moving in. (Students do not need to wear leotards/tights, but something relatively form-fitting is helpful for ensuring correct movement and body alignment.)
- Shoes are the most important part of dance attire: choose shoes that support your child's heel and have a leather sole. As your child's dancing progresses, you will want to consider purchasing a pair of dance shoes, which have a flexible suede sole, and are designed give the dancer better control and maintain correct body alignment. Ballroom shoes are available for purchase at Studio 22, and we recommend bring your child in for fittings at least a week before class begins so that we can help you select and/or order the right shoe. We offer Very Fine youth shoes, and Very Fine and Bloch adult sizes for sale in our studio. (Fittings are offered before 6:00 PM; we recommend allowing up to 30 minutes.)
Drop-Off & Pick Up: Students should be dropped off & picked up by a parent/guardian. If you arrive before class begins, please wait with your child until the start of class. Students should be picked up promptly at the end of class.
Please feel free to call the Studio with any additional questions at (972) 490-0022.
What People Are Saying...