Youth Dance Instruction
Group Classes: Youth group classes at Studio 22 offer a curriculum in International Latin and Standard partner styles for children ages 7 - 17. Whether dancing competitively, or simply for fun, children learning dance in a healthy, creativeenvironment expands imaginations, builds self-esteem, boosts self-confidence, promotes self-discipline, and establishes a sense of teamwork and cooperation.
Classes will be taught as part of a progressive series, students should join the first Tuesday of the month in order to take the later classes in the month. Styles will change on a monthly/bi-monthly basis, so please check the calendar for style information. Youth students can choose from the following payment options:
- Youth 12-Class Card Pay-As-You-Go. 12 class sessions for $109 (~$9.00/class), expires 3 months from date of purchase. Best for students taking 4+ classes per month.
- Youth 6-Class Card Pay-As-You-Go. 6 class sessions for $69 ($11.50/class), expires 3 months from date of purchase. Best for students taking 1 - 4 classes per month.
- Youth One-Time Trial $15. New Students Only. May be used for the first class taken at Studio 22. Expires 6 months from date of purchase.
Private Lessons: Youth private lessons are available in all styles of partner dance for students ages 6 - 17. Styles include International Latin, American Rhythm, International Standard, American Smooth, Club Latin (Salsa, Bachata, etc.), Swing, Argentine Tango, Country Western, etc.
Performance/Competition: Students interested in performance and/or competition opportunities should talk with their instructor for more information on requirements, options, and pricing. Instructors regularly take students to competitions, both local, national, and international, and Studio 22 also offers performance opportunities at Showcases.
Parents/Guardians: You must accompany your student to the first day of class. (Students younger than 14 should always be accompanied to class.)
You will need to:
- Arrive at least 30 - 45 minutes in advance the first day of classes. (You can also complete the registration in-studio ahead of the class start date if you prefer.) After registration has been completed, we recommend arriving 10 minutes before class begins to check in.
- Complete New Student paperwork for each child enrolled - this must be done in-studio.
- Complete payment of your preferred option: Youth 12-Class Card or Youth 6-Class Card. Students who are new to Studio 22 also have the option of doing a Youth One-Time Trial to try out the first class at our studio.
Clothing and shoes:
- As with adults, we recommend youth wear modest street clothes or athletic attire that they're comfortable moving in. (Students do not need to wear leotards/tights, but something relatively form-fitting is helpful for ensuring correct movement and body alignment.)
- Shoes are the most important part of dance attire: choose shoes that support your child's heel and have a leather sole. As your child's dancing progresses, you will want to consider purchasing a pair of dance shoes, which have a flexiblesuede sole, and are designed give the dancer better control and maintain correct body alignment. Ballroom shoes are available for purchase at Studio 22, and we recommend bring your child in for fittings at least a week before class begins so that we can help you select and/or order the right shoe. We offer Very Fine youth shoes, and Very Fine and Bloch adult sizes for sale in our studio. (Shoe sales are offered before 6:00 PM.)
Drop-Off & Pick Up: Students should be dropped off & picked up by a parent/guardian. If you arrive before class begins, please wait with your child until the start of class. Students should be picked up promptly at the end of class.
Please feel free to call the Studio with any additional questions at (972) 490-0022.
What People Are Saying...